Help us build the product that sets the standard in data engineering
Our engineering team has grown rapidly over the past few months (from 5 to very soon 15), so we’ve taken a pause on hiring for specific roles. That said, we’re always open to talking with passionate, inspiring engineers who we believe can have a big impact at Alvin. To bring you on board right now, we’d be looking for something a bit special in your application, such as experience building an innovative data product, or working in a renowned engineering team. But even if that's not you, don’t hesitate to get in touch and we’ll respond to let you know if we see a potential match with future roles.
Some more about Alvin
Alvin’s mission is to enable teams of all sizes to improve the quality and usability of their data. Our core technology automatically builds and maintains a highly accurate dataset that represents the connection between columns, tables, dashboards, jobs, ML models and people. This powers our platform, solving key pain points such as impact analysis, data discovery, problem tracing, and more.
We’re a close-knit bunch of data nuts and software geeks, trying to make a difference in the world by doing what we love most. We aim to combine ambition with humility, passion with open-mindedness, and honesty with compassion.
Alvin has raised significant seed funding (to be announced soon) from hands-on VCs and super-star angels, ensuring runway for the years ahead and the ability to pay competitive salaries, offer great benefits and give meaningful equity.
We are fully remote, with an office in Tallinn, Estonia 🇪🇪 (roughly a 50/50 split). We believe it’s important for the whole team to have some overlap in working hours, therefore we require you to be located between UTC+4 and UTC-4. If you feel like working in the fastest growing startup hub in Europe, we can relocate you to Tallinn from anywhere in the world.
Some more reasons to join Alvin
- Contributing to a category defining product, with a team laser focused on addressing the needs of our end users; data professionals.
- You’ll have the freedom and trust to help define our technology. We push each other's thinking to places we wouldn’t have found on our own.
- Working in the fast growing and evolving big data space, you’ll be solving hard problems by innovating and inventing every day.
We’re looking for engineers who:
- Have experience leading and executing on major product initiatives.
- Can speak the language of big data.
- Are comfortable mentoring fellow engineers in your areas of expertise.
- Bonus: Have contributed to a data product in a scaling company.
If you’d like to join us on our mission to improve the quality and usability of data, get in touch using the “Apply” button.
Given this is an open application, it is difficult to give a narrow range, but we can offer anything between €40,000-€120,000 depending on location and based on a cost of living calculation. Read more about our reasoning and methodology on our salaries guide.
In addition to your salary, everyone is given meaningful equity and provided with high spec equipment. We also have specific benefits depending on whether you are based.