We’re looking for a Lead Frontend Developer (m/f/d) to drive the development of our metadata platform forward with a focus on product and customer-centricity. In your day-to-day work, you’ll take the lead on various technical decisions and projects to enhance the usability of our SaaS platform while collaborating with a remote distributed team where data is at the heart and forefront of the work and company culture.
Some more about Alvin
Alvin’s mission is to enable teams of all sizes to improve the quality and usability of their data. Our core technology automatically builds and maintains a highly accurate dataset that represents the connection between columns, tables, dashboards, jobs, ML models and people. This powers our platform, solving key pain points such as impact analysis, data discovery, problem tracing, and more.
We’re a close-knit bunch of data nuts and software geeks, trying to make a difference in the world by doing what we love most. We aim to combine ambition with humility, passion with open-mindedness, and honesty with compassion.
Alvin has raised significant seed funding (to be announced soon) from hands-on VCs and super-star angels, ensuring runway for the years ahead and the ability to pay competitive salaries, offer great benefits and give meaningful equity.
We are fully remote, with an office in Tallinn, Estonia 🇪🇪 (roughly a 50/50 split). We believe it’s important for the whole team to have some overlap in working hours, therefore we require you to be located between UTC+4 and UTC-4. If you feel like working in the fastest growing startup hub in Europe, we can relocate you to Tallinn from anywhere in the world.
Some more reasons to join Alvin
- Contributing to a category defining product, with a team laser focused on addressing the needs of our end users; data professionals.
- You’ll have the freedom and trust to help define our technology. We push each other's thinking to places we wouldn’t have found on our own.
- Working in the fast growing and evolving big data space, you’ll be solving hard problems by innovating and inventing every day.
In this role, you’ll:
- Shape the tech stack and architecture using mainly Vue, TypeScript and related tooling / frameworks
- Write clean, functional code in a data intensive UI
- Build robust cloud solutions in GCP while keeping variety of user personas and workflows in mind
- Improve the developer experience and building the foundations for best practices
- Collaborate with all levels of company stakeholders and engage with customers
- Share your knowledge with the team and support in the growth and development of the tech org
- Several years experience developing SaaS web applications in a startup environment (Industry experience Developer Tools/Data Analytics and Visualisation Products considered advantageous)
- Ability to see through complex architectures and communicate technical ideas
- Stay on top of the latest trends in React/Vue/Svelte
- Experience working in an Agile environment and ability to thrive in dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environments - taking full ownership and accountability of projects
- Eager to experiment with new tools, initiate and test new ideas while setting high standards for quality, testing and maintainability
- Strong communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- Bonus if you have conference presentation experience and/or active in open source contributions/blogging
Please note that this position is remote friendly (EU time-zone preferred) with optional relocation support to Tallinn, Estonia.
Benefits and Perks
- Make a true impact in the in the SaaS industry for data communities across the globe
- Remote work options and/or relocation support for our office in the heart of Tallinn, Estonia
- Equity component
- Budget for remote work/home office setup
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive in an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and bright colleagues from all over the world
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family (our investors)
Apply below and become a part of our success story!