We’re looking for a motivated Business Development Representative to join us to support our growth and sales strategies. In your day-to-day work, you’ll focus on identifying and qualifying outbound leads as well as strategising with the CEO and Growth Team to discover new opportunities to build and engage with our customer base.
Some more about Alvin
Alvin’s mission is to enable teams of all sizes to improve the quality and usability of their data. Our core technology automatically builds and maintains a highly accurate dataset that represents the connection between columns, tables, dashboards, jobs, ML models and people. This powers our platform, solving key pain points such as impact analysis, data discovery, problem tracing, and more.
We’re a close-knit bunch of data nuts and software geeks, trying to make a difference in the world by doing what we love most. We aim to combine ambition with humility, passion with open-mindedness, and honesty with compassion.
Alvin has raised significant seed funding (to be announced soon) from hands-on VCs and super-star angels, ensuring runway for the years ahead and the ability to pay competitive salaries, offer great benefits and give meaningful equity.
We are fully remote, with an office in Tallinn, Estonia 🇪🇪 (roughly a 50/50 split). We believe it’s important for the whole team to have some overlap in working hours, therefore we require you to be located between UTC+4 and UTC-4. If you feel like working in the fastest growing startup hub in Europe, we can relocate you to Tallinn from anywhere in the world.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop new business opportunities through a multi-channel approach (cold calling, emails, events, social media platforms)
- Achieve targets pertaining to sourced and qualified leads
- Conduct research into inbound and outbound prospects – picking up on their needs and understanding how the product can bring added value
- Build up the sales pipeline by scheduling meetings with target accounts for Account Executives
- Keep track of engagement with prospective accounts using Hubspot and other sales tools
- Participate in global events including trade shows, conferences and meetups
- Be an evangelist for our portfolio company’s brand and influence its adaption among data teams worldwide
- Previous experience in a sales or business development role (ideally in a B2B Software Company)
- Able to work with a broad range of customers in different industries with differing needs, between multiple time-zones, cultures and countries
- Comfortable following up on enquiries and finding new ways to contact prospects to drive lead conversations
- You have a positive sales attitude with a dynamic and driven approach to building relationships
- You are business proficient in English (French and/or German language skills are considered an advantage)
- Bonus: Interest in building up our portfolio company’s community of data scientists, engineers and analysts through attending conferences, engaging in forums and networking
Please note that this position is remote-friendly (EU/UK) with potential office spaces in Berlin, Dublin and Tallinn. Eligibility to work within the EU/UK is required as well.
Benefits and Perks
- Make a true impact in the in the SaaS industry for data communities across the globe
- Remote work options and/or relocation support for our office in the heart of Tallinn, Estonia
- Budget for remote work/home office setup
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive in an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and bright colleagues from all over the world
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family (our investors)
Apply below and become a part of our success story!